The Rt Hon Priti Patel, UK Secretary of State for International Development, won a UK India Award 2017 on Friday 12th May 2017 for her outstanding contribution to UK India relations. She was presented the award by the Hon Piyush Goyal, India’s Energy Minister, who also helped India Inc launch the ‘100 Most Influential People in UK India Relations’ list. The UK-India Awards, organised by the London-based media house India Inc. – publishers of ‘India Global Business’, India’s foremost outbound investment magazine, and the FDI-focussed ‘India Investment Journal – were hosted by Indian actor, businessman and philanthropist Vivek Oberoi. The awards night was attended by Boris Johnson, HE Y K SInha, High Commissioner of India to the UK; HE Dinesh Patnaik, Deputy High Commissioner of India to the UK; Lord Karan Bilimoria; Lord Jitesh Gadhia; Baroness Usha Prashar, Baroness Sandeep Verma, among 350 guests who celebrated the ‘Winning Partnership’ between the UK and India.
The Awards recognised the very best, most innovative, and path-breaking UK and Indian companies that are making a significant impact on the bilateral relationship. It was also an acknowledgement of the efforts of organisations and individuals who continue to make a significant contribution to further and strengthen relations between our two great nations.
Winners of the UK India Awards 2017
- Deal of the Year, UK – Intas Pharmaceuticals
- Deal of the Year, India – Indo UK Institute of Health
- New Market Entrant of the Year, UK – The Lalit Hotel, London
- Financial Services Organisation of the Year – Sun Global Investments
- Marketing Campaign of the Year – Typhoo Tea
- Consultancy Firm of the Year – Grant Thornton
- Law Firm of the Year, India – Luthra & Luthra
- Law Firm of the Year, UK – Linklaters
- Professional of the Year – Zia Mody, Managing Partner AZB
- CSR Project of the Year – Reckitt Benickser
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Patricia Hewitt, Chair UK India Business Council
- Outstanding Contribution Award – Priti Patel, UK International Business Development Minister
For further information visit http://www.ukindiaawards.com/