Entrepreneur Dr Rami Ranger CBE, founder of Sun Mark Ltd and Land, Sea & Air Ltd, was lauded with over 20 tributes as the company celebrated his birthday on Friday 7th July 2017. Hosted at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London, the party was attended by employees, customers, suppliers and over 500 guests, friends and family members. Dr Ranger, now Chairman of the group he founded, was lauded industrialist Gopichand Hinduja; peers Lord Swaraj Paul and Lord Karan Bilimoria; Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, Sajid Javid MP and Members of Parliament, Richard Harrington and Stephen Pound among twenty others. Also paying tribute were Dr Ranger’s daughters Reena, Amita and Sabina Ranger.
About Dr Rami Ranger CBE
Dr Raminder Singh Ranger, popularly known as Rami Ranger, Chairman of Sun Mark Ltd, Sea Air & Land Forwarding Ltd and Bulldog Energy Drink Ltd received a CBE in the New Year’s Honours List 2016 for outstanding service to business and community cohesion in the UK having previously been awarded an MBE in 1995. His Company, Sun Mark Ltd is the only company in Britain to have won an unprecedented 5 consecutive Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade from 2009 to 2013.
His book ‘From Nothing to Everything’, charts his rags to riches story from the time of his birth in Gujranwala (now Pakistan) to his present day life in Britain. The book begins with the dramatic flight from the ancestral home during the turmoil of the partition of India in 1947 and describes the assassination of his father Shaheed Nanak Singh who was a freedom fighter and opposed the breakup of India on the basis of religion. The hardship he faced during his childhood is documented along with the pivotal role played by his mother, who worked as a teacher and was responsible in shaping him into a fine upstanding individual. In 1971 he emigrated to England and overcame prejudice to achieve success on a scale that he could hardly have imagined in his wildest dreams.
Having founded his first Company with just £2 and a typewriter in 1987, Rami Ranger now oversees Sun Mark Ltd, Sea Air and Land Forwarding Ltd, and Bulldog Energy Drink Ltd with a turnover of over £200 million a year. He is Chairman of the British-Sikh Association where he promotes the ethos of Sikh Gurus of peaceful co-existence. He is also Trustee of the Gandhi Memorial Trust, which was formed to raise funds for the Mahatma Gandhi statue.
Dr Ranger is a firm believer in philanthropy and giving back to society which has brought him his success. Such recent endeavours include:
- Donating £250,000 to the London South Bank University to help set up the Dr. Rami Ranger Centre for Graduate Entrepreneurs to support the next generation of budding entrepreneurs.
- Donating £100,000 for the Gandhi Statue in Parliament Square, London which was unveiled last year by Hon. Arun Jaitley, Indian Finance Minister and the Prime Minister, The Rt. Hon. David Cameron MP.
- He is Fellow of the Prince’s Trust where he mentors disaffected youth and to whom he has donated £100,000.
- Donating £60,000 to the Indian Gymkhana to help construct a gym for visiting sportsmen and women.
- Donating £40,000 to the University of West London to help with their library building and to support British education.
For further information visit www.sunmark.co.uk